So, we just started reading Jane Eyre this week, and I must say that I actually like it! It is sort of like an autobiography of the other, but yet not really. The many character, yup you guessed it, Jane Eyre, is an orphan who lives with her mother's brother and sister-in-law, but when the brother dies Jane becomes an outcast. The Reeds (who she lives with), are rich for the time and the eldest son (John) physically abuses Jane and Mrs. Reed verbally abuses her. Jane ends up getting sent to a school and meets a new friend, Helen. Jane likes it there and ends up becoming a teacher there.
What I really like about this story, is how it is written. I love old English and how it makes so much more sense than current day English. I also like the descriptions Bronte uses, it helps because you can really visualize the story. I do have to say that she does go over the top sometimes though.
In the end, I am excited to keep reading and find out what happens!
You know i just made a post about how i accualy like the book. I also like the old english. It was hard to read at first, but then i got it. Oncei got it it got much better... its still a slow read though
ReplyDeleteGuys I totally agree! I really like the writing style too. I find it easier to put myself into the scenes of the book because it is such a specific style (or I guess casue I'm not used to reading real english literature). Just gonna put it out there it's wierd how they use words as describing normal things or actions that we would only associate with certain topics...if you know what I mean ;). But yeah super excited to keep reading the book!
ReplyDeleteYour background is awesome! Donde?